OPENING HOURS, TICKETS AND GUIDED TOURS
All information to organize a visit to the Royal Palace of Caserta
Click the titles below to open the info
- Opening: 9:30 am to 7:30 pm
- Ticket office closes: 6:45 pm
- Last admission: 7:00 pm
- Exit from the museum: 7:25 pm
Opening hours 8.30 am
- January – last entry 3:00 pm / Closing 4:00 pm
- February – last entry at 3:30 pm / Closing at 4:30 pm
- March – last entry at 4.00 pm / Closing at 5.00 pm
- April-September – last entry at 6.00 pm / Closing at 7.00 pm
- October – last entry 4.30pm / Closing 5.30 pm
- November-December – last entry 2:30 pm / Closing 3:30 pm
Hours only for the English Garden
The English Garden always Closing earlier
- January – last entry 2:00 pm / Closing 3:00 pm
- February – last entry 2.30pm / Closing 3.30pm
- March – last entry 3:00 pm / Closing 4:00 pm
- April-September – last entry at 5.00 pm / Closing at 6.00 pm
- October – last entry at 4.00 pm / Closing at 5.00 pm
- November – last entry at 2.00 pm / Closing at 3.00 pm
- December – last entry at 1.30 pm / Closing at 2.30 pm
- Minors 18 years old | It is necessary to show a valid identity document. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with disabilities | The free admission is granted to the handicapped and to a family member or other companion who demonstrates their belonging to the social and health assistance services, according to the D.M. 507/97 updated to the D.M. 13/2019 and Law 104/92.
- School groups | Free admission is granted to groups or groups of students from public and private schools in the European Union, accompanied by their teachers, upon reservation and within the quota established by the head of the institution. For how to book school groups, click here.
- Teachers | As established by Decree 111/2016 of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism, free access is guaranteed to teaching staff in possession of a certification of the condition of permanent teacher or with a fixed-term contract, issued by the school in which the teacher serves. In order to facilitate our visiting teachers, you can download the model to be presented at the ticket office here. In the case of paid exhibitions or temporary exhibitions that do not follow the ordinary tour itinerary, teachers will be able to access by taking advantage of the shopping vouchers that can be generated through a computer application (cartadeldocente. Formazione.it), active starting from 30 November 2016 ( see circular no.77 / 2016 DG-Museums)
- Scholars, professors and university students | The following can access the Royal Palace of Caserta for free: the students of the advanced training courses of the Schools of the Ministry (Central Institute for Restoration, Opificio delle Pietre Dure, School for Mosaic Restoration); teachers and students enrolled in academies of fine arts or corresponding institutions in the European Union, by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year; lecturers and students of bachelor’s, master’s degree or post-graduate courses and research doctorates of the following faculties: Architecture, Conservation of Cultural Heritage, Educational Sciences or Literature and Philosophy with an archaeological or historical-artistic address. The same concessions are allowed to teachers and students of faculties or corresponding courses, established in the States of the European Union. Free admission is allowed to students by showing the enrollment certificate for the current academic year, to teachers by showing a suitable document.
- Tourist guides of the European Union in the exercise of their professional activity, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority.
- Tourist interpreters from the European Union when their work is needed alongside the guide, by showing a valid license issued by the competent authority.
- Italian and foreign journalists registered in the Italian national register of journalists, upon presentation of the membership card of the Journalists ‘Association bearing the annual stamp affixed by the Journalists’ Association or the relative “stamp”, referring to the current year.
- Operators of voluntary associations who carry out, on the basis of agreements in place with the Ministry, activities for the promotion and dissemination of knowledge of cultural heritage.
- Staff of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities.
- ICOM International Council of Museums (ICOM) members.
During the free days of #DomenicalMuseo, it is not possible to book entry and access priorities are suspended except for people with disabilities, including their legal companion,
Free admission also:
- to operators of voluntary associations who carry out, on the basis of agreements in place with the Ministry pursuant to Article 112, paragraph 8, of the Code, activities for the promotion and dissemination of knowledge of cultural heritage;
- for study or research reasons, certified by Italian or foreign schools or universities, academies, research and cultural institutes as well as by bodies of the Ministry, or for particular and justified needs, the Directors of the institutes or places of culture they can allow subjects who request free admission for specific periods;
- the Director General of Museums can issue individual subjects with annual passes for free admission to all institutes and places, as well as identify categories of subjects to whom, for certain periods, free admission to the same places is allowed (e.g. Inspectors and Honorary conservators of the Ministry; to the Military of the Cultural Heritage Protection Unit; to the members of ICCROM)
Would you like to visit the Royal Palace with a tourist guide?
(This is just an information request form, you are not booking automatically)
[wpforms id=”13240″ title=”false” description=”false”]
It is located next to the ticket office
A specialized bookshop where you can find the official guide of the Royal Palace of Caserta, exhibition catalogs, art catalogs, children’s book, local history books as well as souvenirs and various objects.
It is located near the ticket office
- Opens every day from 8:30 am to 7:00 pm
- The service is free.
It is not possible to leave clothing (jackets, coats, etc.), food, small bags, fanny packs and purses, personal and/or valuables at the luggage storage.
it is possible to eat and relax in two areas:
- a cafè to the left side of the Royal Park gate where you can also have lunch
- a restaurant at the end of the park at the left side of the waterfall